Derrick and I boil eggs every week. I don't think I'd boiled an egg before we got married actually. Now we eat them often as snacks or on salads. What else can you do to mix up the routine? Devilled Eggs! I don't know that any recipe could beat having Grandma's devilled eggs, but this recipe was a hit at our house. The recipe's different than most and doesn't include the traditional relish or pickles, but I'm sure you can add them if you must.Spicy Devilled Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard (worth buying and playing with in other recipes)
1/4 tsp pepper
3 T reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1 tsp horseradish
Carefully peel the boiled eggs and cut each in half, length-wise. Separate the yolks and put yolks into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients to bowl and mix well. Use your judgment to divide the mixture evenly into each of the 12 egg white halves.
It's fun to use a piping bag to make a pretty "yolk" presentation. A ziploc can serve the same purpose, but the cheese in this recipe makes it more difficult (no smooth squeezing). Make sure you put the eggs in something you can carry to the table or put back in the fridge - they're slippery!
No comments:
Post a Comment