
Again, I want to log a few recipes so I can toss the magazines I'm saving... so I guess the blog is really just Jules writing to Jules half the time and if anyone is reading, well, you can tell I don't always write to entertain. You could pick up a nice recipe or two though.
Tonight, per Derrick's request, I got the recipe for Christie's meatballs (thanks, Christie) AND I made appetizer meatballs. The appetizer meatballs are for New Year's. They're a classic Bisquick recipe and I've eaten them all my life. They remind me of church potlucks and get togethers, but I never knew that they were "Bisquick meatballs" until recently.
First, Bisquick Meatballs
1 lb. sausage (I used turkey)
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2%)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 & 1/4 cup Bisquick (I used "light" Bisquick)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
That's it. Mix all ingredients, roll by hand into small meatballs and place on a cookie sheet. If you use fatty sausage, make sure the pan has a lip so fat doesn't spill. Brown in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. It's that easy. And seem to always be a hit! I doubled the recipe and had only 8 oz. of cheese, but they turned out great.
Five-Layer Bars
I haven't tried it yet, but this looks very "Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade" to me (sorry, Court). I don't have a pretty picture to include, but the one in the magazine is cute. Like any other bar cookie really - and so easy. My mom made macaroons over Christmas and I could have made myself sick on them. This recipe calls for store bought macaroons.
2 13-ounce packages soft coconut macaroon cookies (32 cookies)
3/4 sweetened condensed milk (makes anything scrumptious)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
3/4 cup raising, dried cranberries, or dried cherries and golden raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange cookies in bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Press cookies together to form a crust. bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove from ove.
2. Drizzle crust evenly with sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces, dried fruit, and peanuts. Bake 25 minutes more or until edges are lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 30.
1 comment:
I guess I will forgive you for having a semi-homemade recipe on your blog. As long as you keep sharing the yummy recipes!!
Post a Comment